Tla-o-qui-aht First Nations Administration seeks individuals interested in labour and monitoring positions for an on-call basis in various departments. These positions or specific projects may include heavy lifting, physically intensive work in and outdoors for the Public Works, Fisheries, and Natural Resources departments. We are looking for motivated, and team oriented individuals to join us on an on-call basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintenance of buildings, grounds, and sometimes remote locations within the Tla-o-qui-aht Territories.
- Physically intensive lifting, hauling, and maintenance work would be required
- Grounds work – cutting grass, brush clearing, cleaning gear, removing and hauling garbage where necessary.
- Hatchery related work could mean working around floats, nets, and pens.
- Cultural Surveying & Field Monitoring related work in remote wilderness areas or where assigned to specific projects.
- Cultural Surveying, and Field Work may require some data recording where good written and verbal communication are required.
- May require some boat, and vehicle travel
- Ability to withstand physically intensive work, hauling, and long periods of standing.
- Must provide a criminal record check.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license an asset but may not be required for certain projects or departments (Drivers Abstract should be provided if you do have a Driver’s License)
- Occupational First Aid training – (asset but not required) training can be provided
- Any other relevant certifications (carpentry, marine operators training, SVOP, MED, Field and Cultural Surveying Training, or Wilderness Training would also be considered an asset)
Please submit your cover letter, and resume outlining how you meet these qualifications with copies of any relevant certifications. Applications can also be picked up at the TFN Office at #1119 Pacific Rim Highway.
OPEN POSTING – Please bring your information in ASAP to be considered for any upcoming or short term work Submit your resume, covering letter, and reference letters to: Chief Executive Officer – Ted Adnitt PO Box 18 Tofino, BC V0R 2Z0 Email: email@example.com Fax: 250.725.3352 Or drop at the office in a sealed envelope at #1119 Pacific Rim Highway Tofino